If you want to update your home’s look, feel, and function, adding granite countertops is a great place to start.
There are many choices homeowners must make for their property. Whether you are building a new house or renovating your current space, a decision on what type of countertop material to use throughout the home must be made. Granite counters are at the top of the list among the many options because of their many advantages.
Continue scrolling to learn more about the perks of having granite counters in your home below.
5 Advantages of Granite Countertops
- Strong Material — Granite is one of the strongest, hardest countertop materials, scoring between a six and eight (depending on your slab) on the Mohs Hardness Scale. One of the main reasons countless homeowners choose granite for their countertops is because of how durable it is. It is strong enough to resist scratching and chipping under typical wear and tear and everyday use.
- Stain, Moisture, and Heat Resistant — Besides being scratch and chip resistant, granite counters are stain and moisture-resistant when adequately sealed. Granite is a naturally porous material, so sealing is essential to protect against staining and etching. Sealing maintenance is easy and only needs to be reapplied once yearly. Moreover, because granite is formed by heat and pressure, you can place hot pots and pans on its surface without harming it. Though, most homeowners still opt to use trivets or hot pads.
- An Affordable Option — Another major perk of opting for granite counters is how affordable they are. Many homeowners are surprised when they learn that a beautiful, high-quality granite slab can easily fit in their budgets. The affordability doesn’t end at the initial purchase and installation cost; granite’s life expectancy is usually 30 or more years, making it an excellent investment.
- Unique Piece of Art — Each piece of granite is one of a kind, differing in colors, movement, and characteristics. Each slab is like a unique piece of art, varying in lightness, darkness, veining, and patterns. You can select the slab that most speaks to you and your style and aesthetic.
- Adds Value to Your Home — Of course, a homeowner wants to do things to their property that will increase its value and add granite countertops throughout your home, especially in the kitchen. If you decide to sell your house at any point, granite counters are at the top of many buyers’ wish lists.
Want Granite Countertops in Your Property? Contact Intermountain Stone & Marble Today!
Granite countertops are a great, low-maintenance option for your home that comes with many benefits.
If you want to add granite counters to your property, contact the Intermountain Stone & Marble, professionals. Whether you are in the market for granite, marble, quartz, or another fine stone, we proudly offer our customers high-quality, durable, and affordable countertop options. If you are in Murray, Taylorsville, Salt Lake City, or a nearby city, contact our team to get a quote and view our extensive selection of various materials, styles, and color options for your countertops today.